Monday, August 29, 2011

the coveted red-sole

I love Christian Louboutins. I have been swooning over them for years. And I desperately want to add a pair to my collection of fancy shoes. So, I promised myself that if I worked hard enough and got a promotion this year I'd make the splurge. Well, that happened - I got promoted last week and now I'm on the prowl for the pair of my dreams!!

Yesterday I made my first shopping trip to Neiman's, although without much success. I tried on the Simple Pump (shown below) in a 40 and a 41... unfortunately I need the 40.5. Also - it was black leather, which did not quite impress me. I want to be WOWED by these shoes... and not have them look like another pair of black pumps. So I've decided leather is out - just patent (or if I go really crazy I'll try on those glittery suckers ;-)


Next, I tried on the navy patent Proratas. These I loved, but unfortunately my heel was popping out of the back. Kind of a kill joy to shop for the most fabulous pair of shoes and come home empty handed. But I won't be deterred, my shoes are out there, somewhere, waiting for me. And I can't wait to put them on and strut my stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment