Wednesday, October 10, 2012

fashion forward for fall

The welcomed change in weather has brought a few of my favorite pieces out from the depths of my closet! I enjoy any change in the seasons because there are always a lot of new ideas for outfits, new accessories to play with, and new shoes to wear! I've lately taken a liking to #OOTD on Instagram. At some point in the day I'll snap a picture of my outfit, usually not my entire body, and share it through the Instagram app. For those of you who may not be on instagram or a "savvy social media user", OOTD stands for Outfit Of The Day. The hashtag (#) is used to hyperlink the acronym. Here are a few recent shots...

I used the PicFrame app to organize the pictures in this layout. My outfit includes Burberry skirt, Diane Von Furstenberg wrap top, the ring I inherited from my grandmother, and the necklace was a gift from my Mom!


This outfit was inspired by a recent Banana Republic mailing. I really enjoyed it! It was perfect for the early Fall weather because these fabrics are heavier but the short sleeves and skirt meant that I wasn't going to to get too hot. The sweater is Elie Tahari, the belt is off of a Theory dress, and the skirt is from Banana Republic.

I wore this outfit wedding dress shopping in New York City! It was very comfortable for a busy day of walking between salons and it was just warm enough for the nice weather! (Lucky wanted in on the picture.) Here, I am wearing a beige silk Theory blouse, black Tahari "peggings" (what I refer to as a combination of pants and leggings. These are spandex material but have a fly and pockets!), and Tory Burch flats and purse.


These fun new tights were inspired by the laces of ballerina shoes. And, I love fall because it means that I can wear my suede Jimmy Choos again!


On a recent rainy day I wore my colorful Burberry rain boots with my chocolate brown Tory Burch dress and my fun printed Michael Simon coat on top.

What are your favorite outfits to wear at the start of Fall? Or any season!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete