Tuesday, November 22, 2011

tasty noms

I was really inspired by all things in the kitchen this past Sunday!! First I decided to make the spicy bolognese sauce we are having for dinner tonight. The idea was to cook the sausage when it was fresh and then store two containers in the freezer. The sauce is a bit time intensive, so cooking it on Sunday is better than a work night!

While Ross went to the gym I perused our new copy of Everyday Food by Martha Stewart. In here, I came across a recipe for homemade granola. I made it with oatmeal and almonds mixed with honey, oil, butter, and brown sugar. After it baked I added craisins and yellow raisins. So delicious :)

After browsing through our pantry and finding some ingredients I forgot we had I realized I was able to put together the "Buttermilk-Cornmeal Drop Biscuits" also from Everyday Food. They look more like scones since the batter is a little looser than typical biscuits and you don't need to use a cookie cutter. And ooooh these are so good! I made some honey-butter to put on these, but so far have just used raspberry jam.

Then it was time for dinner! We had pork tendeloin in a teriyaki sauce and a whole grain couscous. I thought a vegetable stir-fry was appropriate to add. Just look at all the colors here! We've got Brussels sprouts, red and green bell peppers, onions, carrots and garlic. Nom nom nom.



No comments:

Post a Comment