Tuesday, November 29, 2011

shirt coat

I have a few pieces of clothing that confuse me. And it seems that this is the week I have decided to wear all of them. Yesterday, my ninja pants. Today, my shirt coat. This Elie Tahari top goes to the top half of my thigh, but it only has three snaps in the center so it does open up above the pelvis. Hence, it is not a dress. I wore it to my friend's bridal shower in September and decided to pop it on today because it's comfortable and suitable for the continued warm weather.

I've paired it with a Banana Republic black cami underneath (it does require a tank top of sorts) and Theory black cigarette pants. To complete the look I put on my black suede Jimmy Choos, my Ebel watch (a gift from my Dad on my 16th birthday), a set of 3 Pono bracelets, a charm necklace (complete with Tiffany heart charm, a small cameo I purchased next to the Vatican in Rome, and a St. Christopher charm to keep me safe, a gift from my friend's mom while I was studying abroad in Rome), and some RJ Graziano chandelier earrings (silver with a variety of stones).

The highlight of my ensemble is my hair! I didn't want to take the time to straighten or curl it - so up it went in a sweeping french braid, with a loose tail. What do you think?


1 comment: