Thursday, October 20, 2011

new nail art and must read blogs

As I fall I asleep at night I typically think about the outfit I'm going to wear the following day (this saves A LOT of time in the morning) but last night, I focused my attention on nail art instead. Mostly because I can't decide on a design for my birthday party this Saturday. Thankfully, a number of friends have been sharing ideas with me, and they come across some great ones!

Yesterday, Amelia shared a link to "The Graduated Glitter Nail" from the Classic Bride blog. I really love the look of this design - and am fairly certain I now have a winning nail art design for my birthday party. Now, if I could only pick out a dress to wear, we'd be all set ;-)

This picture is courtesy of Classic Bride Blog.

I'm not sure if I'll go with the natural base color - I'm thinking more along the lines of  "Power Clutch" by essie, "Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow" by OPI, or "Russian Navy" by OPI. And likely a bronzey glitter.

While reading the post on Classic Bride, I came across a link to their inspiration for this design on the Cupcakes and Cashmere blog. I have heard about this site before, and now I'm addicted! Cupcakes and Cashmere is definitely getting added to my must read list.

Here are Emily's (author of Cupcakes and Cashmere) glitter nail art photos. I'm loving the bold orange!!



No comments:

Post a Comment