Monday, October 31, 2011

i still love snow

Raise of hands -- who was affected by the nor'easter this weekend?! While I was out running errands (aka - picking up my new shoes!) Ross and I returned to a snow-laden road with icy conditions. We drove past a few cars that either turned over, slid into embankments, or got hit by downed trees. New Jersey was certainly hit harder than we had expected.

The snow set me back a little bit because I really wanted to get some work done this weekend. Instead, I found myself chilling in Starbucks stranded from my laptop, iPad, and my dying cell phones' power cords. Not fun. As a result, Monday morning catch-up took a lot longer than anticipated.

Finally a group decision was made to park at a neighbors and trek over the downed trees and power lines to return to a house full of family!! We snacked on cheese and crackers, fruit, cake & ice cream while sipping gin & tonics and wine. Oh, what a night!!

When the flakes began, as I walked down the sidewalk, I couldn't help but think "Oh, I have missed this. I love snow." Despite all the obstacles and changes the snow storm brought on my weekend plans, and after climbing over trees and sleeping with no heat on, I still love snow. Bring it on winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment